11/06/2009

The Beauty Of Language





The concept of beauty is an age old thing. Stemming from the properties of the divine proportion, beauty is intrinsic and can be found in everything. 
From this starting point, I started looking at beautiful things, but I didn't want to go down the shallow route of looking at physical beauty. So I went deeper, and started looking at the beauty of language. I chose phrases from classic poems and displayed them as large scale typographic banners. The type is hand drawn from the typefaces Garamond and Futura (both of these typefaces were designed with the divine proportion in mind). I found hand drawing the type to be an intrinsic part of the project, as beauty is relative and there is perfection in the imperfections that life offers us. Each banner could be used as exhibition graphics, or as exhibition pieces. 




No comments:

Post a Comment